Possible Futures project proposal

Possible Futures project proposal

For this final project, I will focus on streetwear. The theme I am personally persuading is how the past is the future. I want to show the audience how in the future people will dress just like how they did in the past. My audience for the project is aimed at teenagers. I will be working towards producing a series of photographs. Reflecting on my first term, I want to take photography and letterpress to the next level. I also want to use the darkroom and develop film I plan on using for this project.

One of the many influences on my choice is Kanye West and Virgil Abloh when it comes to designers. Street fashion is an influence because of the movement it has done and the history behind it. Looking through Vogue magazines is a major influence as well. I plan on visiting the photographer’s gallery as part of my research along with the fashion and textile museum. Due to the mass books towards my subject being available at Central Saint Martins and London College of Fashion, I plan on visiting the libraries at the desired colleges. A store that I plan on visiting is the Supreme store alongside many stores in London that sell exclusive wear.

For this project, I will be using the digital space to edit my photos. I will use letterpress to input them into my photos. Also, make use of the darkroom to develop my film. Also borrowing some equipment from the kit room to photograph my subjects. I will also research on different types of printing paper and be using different types of film.

I will critically review my work and determine if it’s successful when it looks like it could be professionally presented to the public at the exhibition. I will have lots of peer review and advice on how to make every step better than the one before and review it myself until I am happy with what I have done.