Repurpose reflection

Repurpose reflection

Having a project on garbage seemed a bit confusing at the start. I was a bit confused with what exactly needed to be done from me. It was asked of us to design something out of rubbish and what came to my mind was I need to physically construct something. I read the brief a few more times and understood what needed to be done.

I really enjoy charity shopping and my interest has increased ever since moving to London. Recycling clothes have a much bigger impact then what I thought it was. I did lots of primary and secondary research because I was very interested in what the results are going to be like. I visited charity shops with actual walls and a door to the store and I visited charity stands as well on the street. Personally, I enjoyed the stands more. They were very fun talking to and listening to what they had to say. You’ll be surprised by what you can find at these places.

After doing my research I needed to put all the pieces together and work on my editorial. Having the InDesign workshop has changed the game for me. It made everything much easier. I was worried and stressed on how the outcome will look and read but having that workshop it really calmed down the waves.

Overall this project was very fun to do. One of the most things I enjoyed this project was trying out a new lens from a friend and learning how to use InDesign. Walking around the streets and having people taking pictures of my friends being photographed by me for the project was something me and my friends will always have a laugh over. I have learned a lot in this project from working better with Adobe and making me better as a photographer.